Help Wanted: The Unused Substitutes are Seeking Contrubtors
by UNUSED SUBSTITUTES STAFF
It’s been an eventful offseason for the Tampa Bay Rowdies, to say the least. The Unused Substitutes have worked hard to offer the best consistent coverage of the Rowdies, including their switch from the NASL to the USL and their campaign to join MLS.
With all the new focus and energy surrounding the Rowdies both in the Tampa Bay Area and around the country, we’re looking to expand our level of coverage even more, but we need help to achieve that.
We’re specifically looking for contributors to our site. Our numbers have grown every year since we launched the site in 2014 thanks to you. Now, we’d like to expedite that growth with new, unique voices contributing written stories on the Rowdies and the USL as whole.
Have an undying passion for the Rowdies along with a desire to express said passion? Think you have a way with the written word? Believe you can fill one of the writing positions we’ve listed below? Perfect. Hit us up on Twitter, Facebook or shoot an email to email@example.com.
Not interested in becoming a contributor? Totally cool. But please share this post with your Rowdies-loving friends or with anyone you think may be interested.
Rowdies U23 Correspondent – The Rowdies are increasing their commitment to development with Rowdies U23 set to launch in the USL’s Premier Development League in May. Having a dedicated writer who can attend home matches at the Waters Soccer Complex in Hillsborough would be a terrific addition to the site. We want to ensure this crucial aspect of the Rowdies organization doesn’t go underreported. Besides, you never know when you might stumble onto the next Rowdies star in the making.
Tactical Analyst – A keen eye for the tactical side of the game can be a valuable asset, but only if you share it with the world. We’re opening up our platform to anyone who fits that bill and is willing to help break down key matches, sequences and opponents.
General USL/Eastern Conference Correspondent – If you haven’t noticed already, there are a lot of teams in the USL. There are 16 teams in the league’s Eastern Conference alone. That’s a lot of ground to cover, and we’d like to offer weekly coverage of any big happenings in the league and Eastern Conference to better inform Rowdies supporters. The person for this role can be local or out of market. We just need a smart guy or gal willing to put in the work following the league closely.
Opinion/Commentary – You don’t have to search too far to find a host of diverse opinions on any issue in the world of American soccer. With that said, we’d love to bulk up our offerings of opinion-based articles relating to the Rowdies or the USL to help stimulate conversation.
The Bench Contributors – Our matchday e-publication will be returning after a positive debut last year. This project takes a lot of effort but is also a ton of fun and rewarding when you see what all the hard work yields in the end.Contributors would be expected to pitch story ideas for The Bench and execute assignments from The Unused Substitutes staff.
- Early Schäfer Blast Carries Rowdies to 1-1 Draw in Cincinnati - April 19, 2017
- Rowdies Can’t Overcome Defensive Miscues in Louisville, Drop First Match - April 15, 2017
- Bill Edwards Files Suit Against NASL, Seeking to Have Franchise Agreement Voided - April 14, 2017
- Rowdies’ Busy Week Starts with Trip to Louisville City - April 14, 2017
- Rowdies Edge Ottawa 1-0, Close Homestand with Three Wins - April 9, 2017
- Rowdies Facing a Familiar Foe for First Match Against an Independent USL Team - April 7, 2017
- Rowdies Blow By Toronto FC II 4-0 - April 2, 2017
- St Pete Chamber PAC Hosting Phone Banks for May’s Al Lang Referendum - March 27, 2017
- USL Eastern Conference Digest Week 1: New Beginnings, A Lot of Penalties - March 27, 2017
- Rowdies Knock Off Orlando City B 1-0 in USL Debut - March 26, 2017