by UNUSED SUBSTITUTES STAFF
It’s been an eventful offseason for the Tampa Bay Rowdies, to say the least. The Unused Substitutes have worked hard to offer the best consistent coverage of the Rowdies, including their switch from the NASL to the USL and their campaign to join MLS.
With all the new focus and energy surrounding the Rowdies both in the Tampa Bay Area and around the country, we’re looking to expand our level of coverage even more, but we need help to achieve that.
We’re specifically looking for contributors to our site. Our numbers have grown every year since we launched the site in 2014 thanks to you. Now, we’d like to expedite that growth with new, unique voices contributing written stories on the Rowdies and the USL as whole.
Have an undying passion for the Rowdies along with a desire to express said passion? Think you have a way with the written word? Believe you can fill one of the writing positions we’ve listed below? Perfect. Hit us up on Twitter, Facebook or shoot an email to email@example.com.
Not interested in becoming a contributor? Totally cool. But please share this post with your Rowdies-loving friends or with anyone you think may be interested.
Rowdies U23 Correspondent – The Rowdies are increasing their commitment to development with Rowdies U23 set to launch in the USL’s Premier Development League in May. Having a dedicated writer who can attend home matches at the Waters Soccer Complex in Hillsborough would be a terrific addition to the site. We want to ensure this crucial aspect of the Rowdies organization doesn’t go underreported. Besides, you never know when you might stumble onto the next Rowdies star in the making.
Tactical Analyst – A keen eye for the tactical side of the game can be a valuable asset, but only if you share it with the world. We’re opening up our platform to anyone who fits that bill and is willing to help break down key matches, sequences and opponents.
General USL/Eastern Conference Correspondent – If you haven’t noticed already, there are a lot of teams in the USL. There are 16 teams in the league’s Eastern Conference alone. That’s a lot of ground to cover, and we’d like to offer weekly coverage of any big happenings in the league and Eastern Conference to better inform Rowdies supporters. The person for this role can be local or out of market. We just need a smart guy or gal willing to put in the work following the league closely.
Opinion/Commentary – You don’t have to search too far to find a host of diverse opinions on any issue in the world of American soccer. With that said, we’d love to bulk up our offerings of opinion-based articles relating to the Rowdies or the USL to help stimulate conversation.
The Bench Contributors – Our matchday e-publication will be returning after a positive debut last year. This project takes a lot of effort but is also a ton of fun and rewarding when you see what all the hard work yields in the end.Contributors would be expected to pitch story ideas for The Bench and execute assignments from The Unused Substitutes staff.
- Kriseman Expands on Tropicana Field Speculation - August 18, 2017
- Rowdies Grab Another Win, Pickens Celebrates 100 Appearances - August 6, 2017
- Rowdies Best Pittsburgh to Close July on Four-Match Unbeaten Streak - July 30, 2017
- Rowdies Set to Sign Former Cosmos Midfielder Sebastian Guenzatti - July 28, 2017
- Rowdies Dispatch Eastern Conference-leading Battery 2-0 - July 22, 2017
- Rob Stone Talks Gold Cup’s Return to Tampa Bay and Rowdies MLS Bid - July 9, 2017
- Worth the Wait: Rowdies Snap Winless Streak with 2-0 Win Over Cincinnati - July 7, 2017
- Rowdies Drop Second Straight, Fall 10 Points Back of Charleston - July 1, 2017
- Rowdies Winless Streak Stands at Six After Pittsburgh Loss - June 22, 2017
- Rowdies’ Winless Drought Continues in Richmond - June 17, 2017